October 28, 2012

Serenity

 
I love the earthy smell of freshly fallen leaves and the way they crunch under my feet on a perfectly crisp fall day.  It was as if the entire universe aligned for that one perfect moment of complete serenity.  One of those moments that you wish you could put on a loop so it never ended.

When I was home last week, I took a couple of hours and went to one of my favorite spots.  It's a state park about 2 miles from my parents house.  I spent countless hours there when I was younger and autumn is the best time of all to wander through the park. 


I was walking along the water and came upon this boy playing his guitar and singing his heart out.  It could not have made for a more idyllic setting.  We smiled at each other as I walked around shooting photos of trees while he provided a beautiful soundtrack.

These are the things that I miss living in a big city.  It's never quiet here, there are people everywhere no matter the time of day.   It was exactly what I needed.  Those two short hours allowed me to "reset" and I felt so connected to nature again, a feeling that is hard to come by in the city.

So as my dog and I hunker down in my tiny Brooklyn apartment waiting for Hurricane Sandy to huff and puff, these are the images that will be my source of serenity as we wait it out...

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment