December 26, 2011

Corn Thing... You Make My Heart Sing

Corn Thing...  I think I love you.  I should be mortified that I'm putting this "recipe" here, but honestly it's so good I think I get a pass.

I dare say this barely qualifies as a recipe.  Anyone with even little to no cooking experience can dump out the contents of a box, mix it together, throw it in an oven and (hopefully) pull it out before it burns;  but let me reiterate- this thing is so yummy it makes up for its ridiculous simplicity and albeit slightly "white-trashiness".

This alongside a piece of glazed ham is divine.

  

Corn Thing
  • 16 ounces frozen corn
  • 1 can cream-style corn
  • 1 box corn muffin mix
  • 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper

  1. Beat butter and eggs together. 
  2. Add sour cream and corn.  Stir to thoroughly combine.
  3. Add muffin mix and stir to combine again.
  4. Pour into a 9x9 glass baking dish and bake at 350 for 45 - 60 minutes. 
      **A knife inserted in the center should come out clean to test for doneness.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment